Sunday, October 4, 2009

My "Homies"


So I haven't shared anything about my roommates yet! We actually call each other "homemates" instead of "roommates" or "housemates" because while we are here, we ARE each others' home. So my two homies are the two other teachers at Casa de Fe, Melissa and Dallas. They are pretty much AWESOME. Melissa is from Kansas City and taught my class last year at Casa de Fe. This year she is the kindergarten teacher. She enjoys cooking (and I enjoy her cooking), knitting, and having random dance parties with me in our pajamas. Dallas is from Tacoma, Washington and is the 1st-3rd grade teacher at Casa de Fe. We call her the "muscles of the house" because whenever there's a jungle size bug in our house (not so rare I'm afraid), she is the only one man enough to kill it. She is also currently surviving the military-man run aerobics classes with me. Oh yeah, and she loves movies. I figured I should share a picture too, so this is one we created ourselves one Friday night for school spirit purposes. In all seriousness, we really are each other's cheerleaders. I don't know what I'd do without 'em!

2 comments:

  1. P.S. Our #1 school rule this year is to "BE PROACTIVE!".. hence the caption on the picture. And yes, amazingly enough our 30 ESL kids have actually learned what it means to be proactive. They're smart little cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww... I feel loved. <3

    ReplyDelete