Saturday, September 5, 2009

The Simple Life.


Well, I have officially moved into my new house in Shell. Both of my new housemates, the 2 other teachers, are here and we have turned this place into quite the home! There are a few things we are getting used to ... like the running water going out randomly, not being able to put toilet paper in the toilet, crushing our own coffee caveman style, and presently having no mirrors whatsoever in the house (going on day 5.. we hope to change that today). Its really been fun getting settled in though and meeting everyone in this cute little jungle town... everyone here is so sweet. It has that "everybody knows everybody" feel.

I have met all my students except for one. I will have 6 girls and 1 boy... and the boy, Angel, is the only one I have yet to meet. The girls are adorable.. and so excited for school to start next week. I just charged my camera last night so I will take pictures of each one of them soon and tell you their stories. I am excited to have them as students! On Monday and Tuesday we will have in-service days and then Wednesday or Thursday classes will begin. I'll let you know how things go! Please write me and let me know the things happening in your lives! I miss everyone so much!

4 comments:

  1. Yay! For you meeting your kids!! That is so exciting I can't wait to meet them!! And by meet I mean through your blog!! haha!! Love you and miss you Ali Bobali!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ali!!!

    Glad you found this opportunity!! hope u are learning a lot and i'll be keeping my eye in ur life throught here!!!

    all the best chica!!!

    besos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting! Can't wait to hear about the kiddos! Yay for the "Cheers" atmosphere...that's always the best. You know, the pictures I saw on your facebook from Dallas' album look like a town in Indonesia we used to go to called Pekanbaru...and from what you've described...sounds like it too! What's the weather like?

    Miss you, Al! Love you and am praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alison - we are cheering and praying for you - bless you as you get established there. You are doing good stuff. Don't give up.
    Kathy and CornerStone :)

    ReplyDelete