Saturday, September 12, 2009

My Precious!



Well I survived my first week of school, Praise Jesus! It went really well, and I find myself saying all the time "I LOVE my job." My classroom no longer has a tarp for walls... they put up boards so we have a cozy little room. My students are catching on to the rules and they are even telling me when another students deserves to get a "star" on their chart (they get stars for being a leader). God is really teaching me, through them, that DISCIPLINE actually is LOVE.... I really dont think I ever wrapped my head around that completely until now. I have to remind myself all the time "my acceptance comes from Christ, not from these kids"... because as much as I just want to love on them and hug them and let them do what they want, God reminds me that they NEED the discipline.. they need the security of the rules in the classroom and someone having expectations of them. That is why we are emphasizing that each one of them has a "leader in me". They each drew a picture of themselves this week and filled out 7 questions about themselves... and the one we focused on the most was what they dream to be when they grow up... I want these kids to have DREAMS! They are SO smart and I cant wait for God to do big things through them.... actually he already is.. in my life. So I am going to post a picture of all 7 students in front of their "Leader in Me" wall.. and then I am going to try and post each individual kids' picture and their story. I LOVE Y'ALL SO MUCH!!!! Thanks for being such wonderful friends and family and supporting me with your love!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! What a precious blessing you are to each of these little children! What beautiful life lessons you are teaching them. With all the love in my heart and pride and joy, I say, "I'm so proud of the woman you have become." You have always been a beautiful woman seeking the Lord, it is just so exciting to see that growth continue and now touch the lives of precious little children.

    And He called a child to Himself and set him before them, and said, "Truly I say to you, unless you are converted and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven. "Whoever then humbles himself as this child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. "And whoever receives one such child in My name receives Me; but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him to have a heavy millstone hung around his neck, and to be drowned in the depth of the sea.
    Matthew 18:2-6

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mere, I loved reading your comment before going to bed... you are always so uplifting. Love y'all and miss y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Love!

    Sorry its taken me till now to write but i'm SO SO pumped for you! This is amazing ali. Super proud of you and I know you're gonna grow so much from all this.
    Love you and am missing talking to you like crazy! I'm pretty sure we're all getting skype so we just gotta set up a time to get on ;)

    BESOTES!

    Ern

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alison Bowen we prayed for you today- and flashed your coffee picture on the screen and the picture of your class ( I love this picture) Strength, and endurance and joy in this great adventure to you. Bless you
    Kathy and COrnerStone :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww Erners I MISS you!!!! Can't wait to skype! And Kathy Wooten you are awesome and so encouraging to me... I can't wait for you to get down here!

    ReplyDelete